I checked on all three hives today and they appear to be alive. I took apart hive one and found that the bees had eaten most of the honey. They only had three frames of honey in one of the brood boxes and about half of one of the supers left. I put an in-line feeder with sugar water in the brood box to hold them over. When I cleaned up this hive there was 4 inches of dead bees in the bottom box blocking the entrance. The small space in-between the hive and the insulation on the hive was filled with dead bees as well. I’ve removed the insulation on this hive.
The pollen patties have been ordered but haven’t arrived yet. I’m hoping that I will be able give all three of the hives pollen patties this week.