The beehives seem to be doing fine. I have added two supers over the past month. I’m using supers instead of deeps so it will be easier for me to check on the hive during hive inspections.
Both of the hives were checked on May 3. I removed the feeders and put an empty frame in. When I removed the feeder from the one hive it had more burr comb in it. I removed the comb and found that there was a larva in various states of development.
There are lots of flowers in bloom now and the bees have lots of nectar and pollen available to them now.
The honeybees have been enjoying the fountains and I have found them drinking at the waters edge.
Larva found in burr comb
Burr comb pulled from feeder
Hang baskets on patio
Honebees drinking water from fountain
Dalia in flower pot
Salvia, petunas, zinnias and other mixed flowers